Monday, November 19, 2012

SBD

I'm currently in middle of a book, so I shall report on the first half.  I'm reading The Last Man by Vince Flynn.  This is the 13th (I believe) in his Mitch Rapp series.  Mitch is counterterrorist operative for the CIA, or in his words he "kills terrorists".  I love the Rapp series and wait in eager anticipation for November and the next book.  This one is no different.  Excellent and totally fun.  There is one small section that is a bit different.  Mitch suffers a subdural hemotoma and for a day or so, hasn't the memories of the events in his life that turned him into the major badass he is.  So we get to see a "softer" side of Mitch. 

Another thing about these books that I like is that one of the other major characters is a female.  Now Irene Kennedy is an attractive forties something female. No, she isn't the brainless helpless female type so often found in these types of books.  No Dr. Kennedy is the Director of the Central Intelligence Agency and the only person Mitch answers to.

All of the old gang is in this book, a benefit of a series, you get time to really know and care about the characters.

Well, I'm off to finish my book.  Next week, I shall report on the second half.

No comments: