Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Medical Update of the Day

Well, I'm feeling better.  I've only taken two oxycodone today (it should have been 3).  I can basically walk fine with a cane and my temporary splint. (But I still need a walking boot or something before I can really be mobile again). I still feel like I was hit by a car (but it now feels like a Buick and not a MAC truck).  My PA is getting my records from the hospital so I'll probably go to see Rich (my PA) tomorrow.  Then it will be decided if I can go back to work.  Seriously, I think I would like to have the rest of the week off, because there's still enough pain to make me exhausted just going down the hall to the bathroom. And I doubt I can take the oxy at work (it is a class 2 narcotic) I still took a two hour nap this afternoon (it might have been longer but my aunt called to check on me, which was sweet and more important).

Tomorrow I should go to the doctor's, then the grocery store (wee, I can drive one of those little handicapped carts), and get food and ibuprofen.

Oh, regarding my ankle.  Years ago, I broke my fibula.  It's the little bone in your leg, but I broke it clear through.  I could not put any pressure on it, had to walk with crutches.  This crack is in the tibia (the main leg bone), I can walk on it.  So I'm not too worried.

No comments: