Sunday, December 2, 2012

Grandma got run over by a reindeer while I just got hit by a car

Friday night after work I was walking from the bus stop to the Fred Meyers grocery store across the street.  Now I had to cross Chinden Blvd which is a major thoroughfare in town.  It was dark and raining heavily, and I did have a little flashlight with me (yes, it was on).  I waited until I had the walk light and then I started crossing the street.  Never saw a thing until this HUGE light blue thing the size of a MAC truck hitting me (OK, it was a Buick LaSabre).  Then I was lying on my back in the street, and every inch of my body hurting.  Yup, I got hit by a car.  No, I wasn't scared, I was too angry.  I was cussing like a sailor. I do feel sorry for the woman driving the car, I think I said some very inappropriate things to her.  (She stopped immediately and raced to me).  One of the witnesses was a nurse and she briefly checked me to make sure I was alive (I was conscious the whole time) and held my hand while we waited for the ambulance.

So, I got loaded into the ambulance (yes, the EMS guys were cute, so was the gal EMS guy but not in the same way).  Then I was off to the hospital.  I spent three hours in the Emergency Room, xrays, blood being taken, waiting.  Then I was released, my dear cousin Sue and her Harry and their granddaughter Laken (who is 8 and was very concerned and caring.) came and got me, brought me clothes (mine were soaking wet), stopped at Walgreens and picked up my prescription of oxycodone and a whopper meal from Burger King and took me home.

I have a cracked ankle and slightly cracked or definitely bruised ribs.  And I hurt, I ache all over.  I think my left leg which would have been what was hit by the car is bruised.  I do have a lump on the back of my head.  And I ache all over (I think I may have mentioned that before).  Sue says everytime I talk to her on the phone, I sound better.  Which is good, but man I hurt.

So I currently have a temporary splint on my ankle.  The crack in my tibia (which is the main leg bone), it must be minor because with the splint and a cane I can walk on it (years ago, I broke the fibula, the little bone on the outside of the leg and could hardly put any pressure on it until it was casted).

Friday night, I slept sleeping up on the sofa.  Saturday night, I slept in bed.  Big mistake.  I could hardly get out of bed this morning.  I'll be on the sofa tonight.  Bijou has taken good care of me, sleeping right beside me at night, and going out to do her thing and then coming right back in, instead of taking a tour of the neighborhood.

I was in a very foul and grumpy mood Friday and sometimes I guess God has to hit you with a car to remind you of your blessings.

No comments: